Lovely Swedish women’s folk attire, 1900-1905. From The American Swedish Institute. It’s bright, feminine, and very beautiful.
Search found 921 matches
- Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:30 am
- Forum: Americas
- Topic: National pieces of clothing in North and South Americas
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2342
Modern South American folk attire. Pretty)
- Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:35 am
- Forum: Various pieces of national clothing
- Topic: Jewelry as a part of national costumes
- Replies: 52
- Views: 19755
Millennia-old gold jewelry set. It’s from the burial of noble Sarmatian woman, the late 1st century. The gold set consists of two necklaces and a pair of earrings made in intricate design. We can see that jewels are adorned with semi-precious stones. Lovely-jewelry9.jpg Lovely-jewelry10.jpg Lovely-j...
- Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:06 am
- Forum: Native American tribes
- Topic: War bonnets of Native American Indians
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3426
Native American Indians from South America in their folk costumes, including traditional war bonnets. These outfits are modern but they look pretty – just imagine how much work it took to make such garments.
- Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:57 am
- Forum: Ukraine
- Topic: Photos of Ukrainian traditional attire
- Replies: 35
- Views: 15193
Vintage folk attire from western Ukraine, Bukovyna region, the beginning of the 20th century. Looks a lot like a gypsy costume, don’t you think? That’s because this area neighbors Romania.
- Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 am
- Forum: Ukraine
- Topic: Ukrainian 18th-century clothing
- Replies: 0
- Views: 41
Drawings of Ukrainian 18th-century clothing. You can see how opulent and roundish the silhouettes are – that’s because of many layers of clothes. Also, hairstyles and headdresses are visible.