Pretty women in Kyrgyz traditional headdresses: elechek on the left and shokulo on the right.
Search found 482 matches
- Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:47 am
- Forum: Various pieces of national clothing
- Topic: Jewelry as a part of national costumes
- Replies: 17
- Views: 5911
Traditional Ukrainian jewelry set and an intricate bridal wreath. The jewels consist of 2 strings of mother-of-pearl beads called “balamuty”, several strings of tiny coral beads, a string of fake pearl beads, and a large metal jewelry piece called “dukach”. Also, you can see a bridal wreath made fro...
- Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 am
- Forum: Native American tribes
- Topic: Jewelry of Native Americans
- Replies: 0
- Views: 15
Navajo folk jewelry pieces. Silver jewels with stones embedded. Here are a necklace, a pendant, a belt, earrings, bracelets, and rings. All items are made in one style and design. And all of them are not just simple decorations but amulets – they are believed to keep evil away. Actually, any type of...
- Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:22 am
- Forum: General clothing topics
- Topic: Traditional clothes of Vikings
- Replies: 1
- Views: 34
Viking female suspended dress, also called a “hangerock” or an “apron skirt”. You can see beautiful large brooches and a necklace, hung between them. Women could carry a lot of small goods on these necklaces – for instance, a sewing set.
- Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 am
- Forum: Armenia
- Topic: Armenian women’s folk clothing
- Replies: 1
- Views: 483
Armenian folk costumes. You can see beautiful golden embroidery on velvet. Also, there’s a close-up of a cute traditional Armenian headdress adorned with coins and metal decorations.
- Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am
- Forum: Ukraine
- Topic: Traditional costume of Crimean Tatars
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2828
Crimean Tatar folk costumes. You can see three young girls in traditional Crimean Tatar outfits. And in the background, there is a male costume.