Bavarian and Austrian women often show if they’re available by their Dirndl knot.
The tradition of indicating your marital status with an apron knot actually isn’t old and authentic. It is rather a modern and urbanistic tradition. But that means that Bavarian and Austrian youth uses it oftentimes. So, it’s an important thing single male tourists should know about.
Here are various ways of tying the Dirndl knot:
1. Tying the sash on the woman's left side indicates that she is single.
2. A knot tied on the right means that she is married, engaged, or otherwise not interested in dating.
3. If the ribbon is on the right side from your (woman’s) perspective means you are married or in a relationship.
4. If the ribbon is on the left side from your (woman’s) perspective, it means you are single.
5. Backside in the middle means that you are a widow (or waitress ).
6. Frontside in the middle is an old-fashioned way of saying you are a virgin.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest